Innoventures LLC is looking to hire a Community Officer.
This is a full-time position, effective immediately. Salary range is competitive with employers of professionals in a similar capacity in Egypt, and the role offers a significant opportunity for accelerated career advancement.
This role at Innoventures will be very diverse and flexible, as can be expected in an entrepreneurial organization. It provides exposure to a variety of business experiences and networks, and allows building an influential professional network and reputation.
The Officer will have the following job responsibilities, among others:
- Building a community of entrepreneurs, innovators, and students.
- Developing programs and competitions for innovators and start-ups.
- Creating and maintaining Special Interest Groups (SIGs).
- Communicating by phone, email and in person with clients, partners, and other business contacts.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key persons and with media and press for media coverage of company events.
- Arranging, organizing, and coordinating with different stakeholders for company events and activities.
- Running the company’s online presence and create content for website, blog, and social media channels.
- Live-covering of company activities and events on social media channels.
- Professional writing for reports, proposal, letters, emails, and other communications in English and Arabic.
- Executing various delegated issues, as well as coordinating activities with other staff.
- Going on business trips, potentially within Egypt and abroad.
Work is usually 5 days a week during the daytime, but the Officer should be available to attend innoventures-associated events in afternoons.
The ideal candidate will either be an ambitious fresh graduate, or with up to 3 years of experience in a relevant capacity. The candidate will also ideally have familiarity with the start-up community in Egypt.
Requirements include the following:
- Passion to build a strong and energetic innoventures community, and desire to deliver top-quality work.
- Completion of a relevant university-level degree (mass communication, marketing, PR, languages, business) is preferred, but smart and professional high-school graduates or diploma holders will also be considered.
- Social intelligence, open-mindedness, energetic personality and flexibility.
- Eagerness to learn, acquire skills, and become familiar with cutting-edge ideas.
- The ability to work independently, handle structured tasks, and take on responsibility.
- Willingness to work in any kind of team, and interact with different kinds of people and clients.
- Excellent writing, communication and organization skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail to the highest degree.
- Competence and familiarity in using a computer and software tools to work efficiently.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
If you are interested, please send your resume/CV to: email@example.com
Please also include a sample of your professional writing. This may include any technical/professional report that you have done in the past as part of your studies or work, and/or an article, blog, or similar non-fiction writing piece.